#aeolus is the default channel that every player automatically joins when they start FAF. The main chat is English only, so please don't use other languages there. Also, follow the chat rules.
- Chatrooms without a # are private, such as direct messages to other players.
You can open up a private chat with a player by double-clicking his name in the name list.
¶ Chat commands
Write chat commands directly in chat, starting with "!" "#" or "/"
- /me - followed by text. Speaks in the 3rd person. eg. User followed by text.
- !seen - followed by the username. Shows when was user last time online, it is case sensitive.
- !streams - Shows all currently online streams of Forged Alliance. (Twitch, HitBox, etc)
- !casts - Shows last five Youtube Supreme Commander videos. (In order to get your video on this list, type in name of the video either "Supreme Commander" or "Forged Alliance")
- !trainers - PMs you a list of currently online trainers.
- !mods - PMs you a list of currently online moderators.
- !help - Lists all available fafbot commands and their descriptions
- #REPLAYID - Generated download link for replay, shows map played and lists all players.
- !kick - used by channel operators for kicking users from the channel
- !ban - used by channel operators for banning a user from channel
- /topic - followed by text. Changes topic of a channel.
!kick,!ban and /topic commands can be used in your clan chat channel if the channel is registered to your IRC.
On the Right-hand side the search window. It will try to find online players who are currently in the chat, and display how many players are online while you don't search.
- There is an option to assign randomly coloured names to each player, but this will only override grey and dark grey colours
- Players that are a part of a clan have their clan tags in front of their names. (Example  for Empire clan [BC] Bad Company, etc.)
¶ User Name Change and Name History
If you would like to change your username, you can do it here: https://www.faforever.com/account/username/change or by typing "!link name-change" and QAI will link the page above.
This will not affect your friend's list or your account in any way, as the nickname is linked to your unique user ID.
- If someone from your friends lists renames, you won't see him/her there until you restart FAF.
User names are visible to everyone, and therefore must be kept clean and age-appropriate. You can only rename once every 30 days - if a moderator has to ask you to change your name, you'll be unable to chat until you can rename. Use common sense, and if you're having trouble coming up with a name on your own, try a service such as http://rinkworks.com/namegen/!
¶ Rating, League, and Division
The rating shown in the lobby is always your Global Ranking. You can learn more here: Leagues and Divisions
Right now, there are only a few ways to get avatars. Here is a list:
Add Image of All the avatars
- Be a Caster or Streamer
- Participate in a tournament , the easiest way to get an avatar.
- Test the game code (playing FAF develop mod and reporting bugs).
- Be first, second or third in your league.
- Personal avatar, usually reserved for admins and mods
- For donating to the FAF you get The Cookie
- For winning a tournament, avatars are given. Usually temporary ones for BlitzTournament, WWPCTournaments, sometimes permanent ones for big tournaments like Legends of the Stars.
- Faction face avatars are usually for second place in a tournament, faction logo for third.
- You also can get an avatar for contributing to the FAF project:
- Making a featured mod
- Making a map
- Contributing to the FAF code
- Writing Wiki articles
- Hosting tournaments
As you see in the picture, there can be one sword, crossed swords, or nothing next to each player's name.
- Nothing: this player is just chatting or afk.
- One Gold Sword : this player is currently hosting a game.
- One sword : this player is currently in a game lobby.
- Crossed swords : this player is playing a game.
If you double click on a single sword, you will launch FA and join the player in the lobby that they are presently in.
If you double click on crossed swords, you will launch FA and start watching the live replay from the beginning of their game.
You can access it from any IRC client: IRCServer