It’s been a long time in the making, but patch 3636 is here at last. It’s a patch motivated by exploits and bugs that were in 3634, and as such there are no direct balance changes included. These will be developed as part of the next patch, 3637.
This patch also includes a new 2.5 lobby by Xinnony with major improvements. Please note we do know of one bug with the new lobby related to CPU scores. It’s being worked as you read this.
Everyone in all the teams working behind the scenes for FAF hopes you have a great time. Enjoy!
- Fixed infinite economy exploit
- Fixed free ACU upgrade exploit
- Security exploits with simcallbacks
- Fixed UEF Drone upgrade exploits
- Continental Fixes:
Fixed units firing from transport
Fixed Continental not dying to Nukes with the shield up
Improved fix for units being transported taking no damage while the shield is up
Fixed UEF T3 Mobile AA being able to fire from Continental, and reduced projectile number
T3 Seraphim Mobile Artillery given proper ‘ARTILLERY’ designation
Fix adjacency buffs working when unit is turned off
Fixed Cybran ACU with Laser upgrade being unable to ever fire the weapon after being transported, and improve targeting further
- Cybran ACU Fixes:
Fixed Cybran ACU with Torpedo upgrade firing at the floor after being transported
Fixed Cybran ACU Torpedo upgrade firing while the ACU’s feet are only just underwater
Fixed Cybran ACU being unable to be shot by Torpedoes with only its feet in the water
- Other Fixes:
Fixed Seraphim ACU dying when dropped from Transport after being picked up while firing
Fixed Seraphim ACU shot being visible through FoW
Fixed invalid preview range of SMDs
Fixed Aeon T1 Bomber targeting subsurface units
Given units now get correct experience points
Given units are returned to their original owner in share until death
UI-mods are now refreshed before launch
- Personal Shields now protect units also under bubble shields
- Personal Shields now protect units properly from splash weaponry
- Bubble Shields now interact with splash weaponry properly
- Replay sync support
- Hotbuild ‘upgrade’ key now takes engy-mod into account
- Attempt to fix bomblet spread on bombers such as UEF and Cybran T1 Bombers
- Attempt to fix Seraphim T1 Mobile AA’s aim
- Improved autobalance with random spawns in lobby
- SMD can be paused
- New “No Walls” Unit Restriction
- Improved the Unit Restrictions menu descriptions, including localisation
- Improved the Attack-Move feature (Factory Attack-Move Engineer behaviour left alone)
- Made factory queue templates more accessible, the save button was hidden when the factory wasn’t paused
- Show replay-ID in score
- Less UI-lag
- Some sim-speed improvements
- Remove ACU score bump, ACU kills now score 5000
We’d like to extend special thanks to these users for their assistance with translations
- Add Changelog dialog
- Add numbers of Restriction in OptionContainer
- Add new view in ModManager
- Add ‘Show system message’ option for see (connecting players, go observers, disconnected, …)
- Add ‘Player Swapped’ message
- Add ‘Connected with xxx (with FAF Proxy)’ message see if is connected with FAFproxy
- Add 1250 and 1500 Units Caps
- Fix Preset not loaded correctly (exemple FinalRushPro)
- Fix ModManager crash sometime
- Fix a bug in Game Options, the new value is reset if you scroll the list
- Fix sometime a PresetLobby not loaded (caused by map not available)
- Fix ‘CH’ and ‘VA’ flag country
- Fix yellow country
- Replace Checkbox to Radiobox in ModManager
- Replace the ‘world’ flag country
- Delete ‘Player go to Slot’ message
- Delete ‘Player go to Observer’ message
- Remember a options ‘Hide default Options’
- Show message if map is not available in PresetLobby
- SpeedUp UpdateGame(), merge 3 loops
- Typo in ‘Lobby options’
- The ConnectDialog lasts until the lobby is fully loaded
- Typo ‘x mods UI’ to ‘x UI mods’ (KRAMP idea)
- Now you can see and select only the color available
- Transparent color the ACU in Minimap (just the grey color, not the black border)
- Add new restrictions (NoEngineeringStation+EnhancementDrone), (NoEyeofRhianneandSoothsayer)
- Typos in PresetLobby
I’d like to extend a thank you to all FAF-contributors that didn’t directly contribute to patch 3636. We wouldn’t have come -this far without them! Also a big thank you to Ze_PilOt.
- Removed dbg_ShowAiPathSpline console command from the game. That command was allowing to see units movements under the fog of war, without triggering the “XX has tried to cheat” warning/error.
- Fixed an exploit were carriers where able to transport any other carrier unit (ie. fatboy, air transports,..) by ground assisting with the carrier and reclaiming the other unit.
- Fixed a bug introduced by the “Duplicating building with wreckages” exploit fix, where building lower/higher tech building over wreckages were canceled.
- Fixed a bug/exploit where splash damage were transferred twice when a shield collapse (noticeable with the Seraphim T4 bomber, but also affecting all area of effect damage).
- Fixed a bug where bombers stop dropping bombs after ground attack on trees.
- Cybran T3 gunships now make a sound when destroyed.
- UEF depth charges now make a sound when launched.
- Improved path finding late-game. Previously, some units weren’t answering to move order.
- Fixed a lot of AI related script errors (should slightly improve performances with AIs).
- Implemented Duncan fixes for AI. Most of them were already there, but the standard AI should behave slightly better (Sorian AI is still way better).
- Hotbuild & GazUI mods are now implemented in FA :
- Press F1 to rebind keys. A lot of new selection options are now available (Select idling scouts, select all land factories on screen, select all air without transports,….).
- New options are now available in the option menu. They are described in the tool-tip. (Big strategic icons, “draggable” build queues, rotating templates, better economic panel, ..)
- SCU manager is implemented. You have a little icon in the avatar panel (below score) to do upgrades sequentially on SCUs. Two paths are available and configurable : Combat & Engineer. You can also bind the “SCU marker” (F1) shortcut to automatically upgrade SCUs near that marker.
- Hotbuild is a new build mode allowing you to press several time a key to go through all kind of buildings. Works also to build units in factories through the same shortcut. Check the Hotbuilding section of the keymapper (F1)
- Aurora fire randomness while moving reduced to 0.1 from 0.6. It’s likely that the value will be tweaked in the future.
- Engineer will reclaim mass extractors wreck instead of getting the “half-built” bonus when building a lower tech mass extractor than the wreckage. Using the half-rebuilt bonus is always a mistake economically-wise and shouldn’t be allowed.
It’s very likely that a mod version of GAZUI will mess with your game.
Using your current hotbuild mod shouldn’t do anything bad, except that the mod is messing with key-binding. So use it at your own risk.
All your options should be keep the same way as before. You will get new options for selecting units, as well as fixes for big Strategic icons option and SCU manager fixes.
The existing mod was more an hack than a mod.
But the new way of key binding hotbuild will allow you to rebind it more easily and really fast. The order of the options in they key bind menu (F1) is the same as the original mod.
Meaning that to have the default key bind of the original mod for US keyboard, you should bind, in order:
As you can see, it is the key in the order of your keyboard 🙂
The integrated mod will take care of binding the corresponding shift/alt combos.
If there is a shortcut on one of these combo (ie. shift-W is already used), the combo won’t be made, and a warning will show in the log (game.log) :
WARNING: Shift-W is already bind
You can be okay with that or unbind the key. It will retry to make the hotbuild combo immediately (you don’t need to restart FA or your game).
This is the first release candidate: If you see any problem, please report it as soon as possible in the forums and we will try to fix it. Replays might break during the release candidate period.
- Caching interface files to remove UI-lag, especially when selecting builders.
- Adding an icon if a player is Dead in Connectivity and Disconnect windows.
- Add Auto-Kick after 3 minutes on Disconnect dialog.
- Adding a new button on the menu to hide/show all settings of this game.
- You can now make game presets.
- Add new unit restrictions : TELEPORT, BILLY, ENGISTATION, SALVATION, MAVOR, SCATHIS, PARAGON, SATELLITE.
- Several speedup in the lobby (connections attempt are now multi-threaded).
- Fixed “Faction not set” when moving from Observer to Player.
- Fixed the possibility to move an Observer to Player with the Observer Button.
Done by Xinnony and Duck42.
SCU presets with already upgraded SCUs buildable from Quantum Gateways (The costs of the upgrades are added to the cost of the SCU base).
¶ Bug fixes and small tweaks
- Fixed an exploit that allowed to duplicate infinite amount of buildings for free (Drag & dropping when rebuilding from a wreck).
- Cybran T2 and T3 Engineers HP fixed.
- Fireball explosion is now red instead of green.
- Cybran SMD BuildTime fixed.
- Czar central target bone removed to reduce the likelihood of ASFs flying right through the beam and being roasted.
- Czar beam weapon has a 75% Damage reduction against ASFs so they are not insta-killed any more when they do fly right through the beam.
- UEF TMD Projectiles fixed. They were dying too soon to kill Tactical Missiles launched from ACUs – Weapon Unpacks = false (From true).
- Several Beam weapons – Small improvements from ShadowKnight’s mod (Not all) to make them deal damage more “Smoothly” and change targets more efficiently.
- Sera T2 Point Defense – 550 damage (From 660) due to beam weapon changes amounting to a buff (137.5 DPS from 165, but will sweep through several units until it deals its full 550 Damage meaning less overkill).
- Tempest MuzzleVelocity reverted to 28 to prevent it to shoot over small targets like mass extractors.
- Firebeetle TurnRate increased to 160 (From 120) and TurnRadius increased to 4 (From 3) for a small handling improvement.
- Rover BuildRadius = 8 to fix an issue where it would not finish the buildings it started to build.
- ASFs can’t shoot Rovers (Prevents them being used to kill Shields and Base Structures late game VS UEF). Special 75% resistance to Czar beam.
- ASF Projectiles Aeon and Seraphim now shoot 1 projectile instead of 3, and have FiringTolerance = 2 (Don’t need to line up totally to fire, the same as the others). Cybran shoots 2 instead of 4. DPS is unchanged (This greatly lowers lag caused by large ASF battles).
- ASF HP changed because the projectile adjustments impacted balance. This corrects it again. UEF = 1800 (From 1850). Cybran = 1725 (From 1700). Seraphim = 1775 (From 1800)
- Seraphim ASF TargetCheckInterval adjusted to 0.5 (From 0.3).
- Seraphim T2 Artillery PitchRange = 90 (From 80) to fix it not being able to fire to maximum range.
- Cybran Strategic Missile Submarine Stealth now hides it from Sonar too.
- Better animations for walking bots – Mongoose, Titan, Brick, Aeon Sniperbot, Percival.
- Out of fuel speed penalty reduced to 65% from 75% to increase the possibility of reaching Air Staging when far away (Also, T1 Bombers won’t drop two times on the same target due to too low speed).
- Cybran T2 Air Support Factory no longer has a weird colour when zoomed out.
- T2 and T3 Engineer price reduction. T2 = 140 Mass/700 Energy/700 BuildTime (From 160/840/800). T3 = 440 Mass/2200 Energy/2200 BuildTime (From 490/3150/2100).
- Seraphim Air Factory overall Engineer production rate reduced via rolloff time (It is still faster than the original but not crazy fast any more, speed similar to Aeon). They already have the best Bomber and have Fobo on water maps, they don’t need to have better Air Factory too.
- T1 Bomber drop chance increased – TurnSpeed and CombatTurnSpeed = 0.75, 0.8 for UEF (From 0.7). LiftFactor = 10 (From 7).
- Bombers targeting a wreck are no longer permanently prevented from firing (By Brute51).
- Janus won’t scorch the earth any more when bombing a Shield.
- Sparky added to Air and Naval factories.
- Teleport has brand new visual and audio effects (By Brute 51).
- Teleportation now deals only 100 Damage to nearby Units and Structures in a small radius (Doesn’t kill T1 Engineers any more).
- Shield Stacking Damage overflow and transfer refactored (By Brute51) to prevent Resonance Effect (First Shields hit no longer take more Damages than the Damage dealt by the weapon in the first place). Overlapping Damage dealt = 15%.
- Cybran build drone bug/exploit fixed (By Brute51).
- DifferentialUpgradeCostCalculation = true, in units/ZAB9602/ZAB9602_unit.bp
¶ Structures and Weapons
- Cybran TML Split Projectiles Speed = 15 (From 25). Acceleration = 6 (From 25).
- Static Flak buffed with faction diversity in mind.
- One Projectile at a time = more Range, Better accuracy, more Frontloaded, less Area Of Effect
Damage = 125 (From 102)
AOE = 3.5 (From 4)
MuzzleVelocity = 25 (From 20)
RateOfFire = 1.25 (From 1.5)
Range = 50 (From 44)
FiringRandomness = 2 (From 2.5)
AOE = 3
MuzzleVelocity = 30
FiringRandomness = 1.5 (From 2.5)
Range = 50 (From 44)
Several Projectiles at once = less Frontloaded but covers more aerial space
MuzzleVelocity = 20
AOE = 5 (From 4)
FiringRandomness = 4 (From 2.5)
2 Projectiles at once.
AOE = 3 (From 4)
MuzzleVelocity = 25 (From 20)
Damage = 50 (From 53)
RateOfFire = 1.5 (From 1.25)
¶ Land Units:
- Seraphim ACU Restoration Field 1
Adds 1000 HP to ACU
2% HP Regeneration (From 0.5), but capped at 15 (From 75)
- Sera ACU Rapid Restoration Field
Name changed to Advanced Restoration Field
Adds 1500 more HP to ACU
Adds 10% HP to units nearby, as it used to do.
¶ T1 Land
Speed = 2.9 (From 3.1) ;
FiringRandomnessWhileMoving = 0.6 (From 0). It’s a very small randomness and only when the Auroras move. They will still hit most of the time but this gives a chance for other tanks to survive longer. This value can be adjusted to make Auroras not as efficient when retreating, but good when they are still.
Stun duration for T2 units = 2 seconds (From 3)
Reload time = 6 seconds (From 5)
Damage = 230 (From 195)
Roughly the same DPS (38.33 instead of 39)
Damage = 400 (From 480)
Reloads every 8.33 seconds (from 10) for the same DPS (48)
- T1 Mobile AA
Vision Radius = 20 (From 18)
¶ T2 Land
TurnSpeed = 90 (From 150). TurretTurnSpeed = 80 (From 50). This means the unit tracks and targets enemy units better
FiringTolerance = 1 (From 0.1)
Grenade Weapon adjusted:
Damage = 50 (From 65)
RateOfFire = 0.15 (From 0.1) for 30 DPS (From 26),
FiringRandomness = 2.5 (From 2),
PitchRange = 55 so that it can shoot to its fullest range.
Veterancy Nerf: Threshold = 10 (From 9).
¶ T3 Land
- Aeon Sniper
Damage = 950 (From 1350)
Reload = 7 seconds (From 10)
FiringRandomnessWhileMoving = 0.75 (From 0.8)
FiringTolerance = 0 (From 2)
- Seraphim Sniper
Damage = 580 (From 775)
Reload = 5 seconds (From 6.7)
FiringRandomnessWhileMoving = 0.75 (from 0.8)
FiringTolerance = 0 (from 2)
Sniper Mode = 2000 Damage (From 2800)
Reload = 14.5 seconds (From 20)
FiringRandomnessWhileMoving = 0.6 (from 0.8) because Speed is reduced greatly
- Veterancy adjusted to 25/50/75/100/125 (From 20/50/90/140/200)
- SCU Engineering Upgrade cost = 800 Mass (From 1000). BuildTime = 4200 (From 5040). Also fixes Aeon SCU having the wrong cost
- UEF SCU Drone Mass = 380 (From 480). BuildRate = 35 (From 20)
- UEF SCU Bubble Shields now considered a Mobile Shield (Like Shield Boat) and will suffer from overlapping
- Scorcher (UEF T1 Bomber)
4 Bombs with 3 AOE (Instead of 5 with 2.5 AOE)
Bombs are more spread out, and each deals 47.5 Damage instantly + 10*4 = 40 damages over 1.5 seconds = 350 total (It will never deal 350 Damage except on Factories. The maximum amount on Units and small Structures is 267.5)
TurnSpeed = 0.8 (From 0.7)
BreakOffDistance = 26 (From 18)
Range = 20 (From 16). This fixes the fact that they stop shooting when attacking moving targets or are on Attack-Move orders)
Veterancy nerf: Threshold = 5 (From 3)
Ground weapon Range = 60 (From 45)
LiftFactor = 10 (From 7) to increase the chance of dropping
Deals half its Damage instantly and the rest over time (Instead of all Damage being dealt over time)
- Seraphim Fighter/Bomber
Ground weapon Range = 60 (From 45).
LiftFactor = 10 (From 7) to increase the chance of dropping.
Anti-Ground weapon Range = 40 (From 45) so that it doesn’t completely out-range Mobile Flack (No longer able to kill them without suffering any damage)
- Heavy Gunships
Speed + 2
Cost and DPS cut by roughly 25%
- Wailer :
MaxAirSpeed = 10 (From 8)
Mass = 1260
BuildTime = 6400
Energy = 42000 (From 52500)
Damage = 140 (From 150)
RateOfFire = 1.6 (From 2). DPS = 224 (From 300)
MaxAirSpeed = 10 (From 8)
Mass = 1260
BuildTime = 6000
Energy = 42000 (From 52500)
Damage = 90 (From 100)
RateOfFire = 2.5 (From 3). DPS = 225 (From 300)
AA Damage = 8 (From 2). DPS = 12 (From 3)
BuildTime = 6000 (From 4800)
Health = 6000 (From 6500)
Veterancy buff: Threshold = 15 XP (From 18)
- Soul Ripper
Veterancy adjusted to 80/160/240/320/400 (From 60/120/180/240/300)
- Frigate Veterancy threshold = 6 XP (From 8)
- UEF and Cybran Frigate Damage adjusted to be more efficient against Zhtuee
Damage = 85 (From 140)
RateOfFire = 0.588 (From 0.35)
Damage = 45 (From 40)
RateOfFire = 1.36 (From 1.53)
DPS is unchanged
- Seraphim Destroyer
Front Gun DPS = 125 (From 105). Rear Gun DPS = 65 (From 95)
TurretYawRange = 120 (From 140)
TurretYawSpeed = 60 (From 90)
Attack Angle = 70 (From 60)
It will be slightly less efficient when micromanaged.
- T3 Strategic Missile Submarines
Tactical Missile Range = 256 (From 175). This is the same as a TML. This will expand the sniping potential of these units.
Mass = 9000 (From 10000). This is the same as the Seraphim Battleship
Nuke inner ring Damage = 22000 (From 25000)
Nuke outer ring Damage = 3000 (From 500). This means units which escape the inner ring take some real Damage (500 is nothing for Naval units)
- Seraphim T3 Sub
SizeY = 0.9 (From 0.8). This is a slightly higher hitbox to ensure Riptides and other surface weapons can hit them normally while they are surfaced.
Range = 65 (From 70)
AA DPS = 200 (From 240)
Health = 4000 (From 4500)
- Cybran and Seraphim Aircraft Carriers can now build Gunships and regular Bombers.
Torpedoes are now Depth charges, which totally ignore all forms of Torpedo Defence.
Damage = 350 (From 235)
RateOfFire = 0.2 (From 0.25)
DPS = 420 (From 352)
- 2 Atlantis and their equivalent mass cost in T3 Seraphim subs still win convincingly, but the Tempest can now put up a fight even when submerged.