- "Server" is not a chat tab, it's just to see your ping to the server and chat commands.
- #aeolus is the default channel that every player automatically joins when they start FAF. The main chat is English only, so please don't use other languages there. Also follow the chatrules.
- Chatrooms without a # are private, such as direct messages to other players.
You can open up a private chat with a player by double clicking his name in the name list.
Write chat commands directly in chat, starting with "!"
- !seen - followed by username. Shows when was user last time online, it is case sensitive.
- !streams - Shows all currently online streams of Forged Alliance. (Twitch, HitBox)
- !casts - Shows last five Youtube Supreme Commander videos. (In order to get your video on this list, type in name of the video either "Supreme Commander" or "Forged Alliance")
In the top is the search window. It will try to find online players who are currently in the chat, and display how many players are online while you don't search.
- White: Admin or moderator, they have the privileges to kick or ban players from chat when they don't behave.
- Blue: Friends. You can add players to your friendlist by rightclicking them in the list. This is a one way command, it means they won't notice or have to accept it.
- Gray: Players who use FAF.
- Dark Gray: People who use another program to be in the chatroom. They can't play with this account.
- There is an option to assign randomly colored names to each player, but this will only override gray and dark gray colors
Rating, League, and Division
Right now, there are only few ways to win avatars. Here a list:
- Be a famous caster (gets you the blue one in the picture)
- Be first in your league (gets you the golden one in the picture)
- Be the first, second or third in your division, the easiest way to get an avatar. league and division avatars are only temporary
- Personal avatar, usually reserved for admins and mods
- For donating to the FAF server, you get The Cookie
- For donating to the Galactic War project, you were able to get an avatar in the past but this is no longer the case
- For winning a tournament, avatars are given. Usually temporary ones for Blitz Tournaments, WWPC Tournaments, sometimes permanent ones for big tournaments (IMBA Cup gave the 'IMBA Cup Champion' and 'IMBA Cup Finalist', Rise of the Immortals Trophy gave the 'ACU Sniper')
- You also can get an avatar for making a featured mod or some maps in the mapvault, or making a theme for the FAF lobby
As you see in the picture, there can be one sword, crossed swords, or nothing next to each player's name.
- Nothing: this player is just chatting.
- One sword: this player is currently in a game lobby.
- Crossed swords: this player is playing a game.
If you double click on a single sword, you will launch FA and join the player in the lobby that they are presently in.
If you double click on crossed swords, you will launch FA and start watching the livereplay from the beginning of their game.
Joining Chat via Browser
You can access it from any IRC client: Chat / IRC Server