What is GAZ's UI
Gaz's UI, formerly GOOMs UI is a custom user interface developed for FA. It has additional functionality than the stock UI.
Version 6: Thanks to ghaleon for many additional modules (see the posted readme below), and for doing most of the work for this release. Also thanks to Thygrrr for Smart Economy Indicators, and for nice Strat Build Icons to replace my fugly ones. :D
Version 5: Thanks to norem, we now have the very excellent Factory Build Queues feature! You can now turn off the "seperate icon for idle engineers" feature via the options menu. Also I've written some proper docs in the README.txt. It's still WIP tho.
Version 4: Sorry, missed some search & replaces, SCUManager was still referencing the old mod. Get this new version.
Version 3 is released! Ignore v2, it was a false upload :P
- Added norem's hotkeys - Idle engineers in selection now uses Idle icon rather than low fuel (thanks norem!)
- Idle icon will now appear even if you dont have "Larger Strat Icons" enabled.
- Fixed some bugs.
Version 1: The main new features for this first release is:
- The units in the selection window will now be consistently sorted. If you right click to remove some they will no longer randomly reorder themselves.
- Idle construction units (factories, engineers, (s)ACUs) will now be seperated from active ones in the selection window. The idle units will be marked with an "out of fuel" icon.
- The "larger strategic icons" for the build window. I've replaced Goom's nice ones with ugly rescaled ones from the "resized strat icons" mod. The reason for this is that the ugly ones contain the Tech Level dots beneath the icons, useful to differentiate engineers etc.
Source(s): GAZ UI
Readme : (btw) Goom's old documentation is in the original thread: viewtopic.php?t=23447
Overview - Options
The various components of GAZ_UI can be toggled on and off via the ingame menu Options/Interface. In the various items marked "GUI:".
Here's a short explanation of each item, which gives an overview of the features of GAZ_UI.
NOTE: There are some options that must be disabled to be compatible with AngryZealot's AZUI mod. Do a text search for AZUI in this document.
- GUI: Bigger Strategic Build Icons Replaces the strategic icons in the build menu with larger images. Has 3 settings: Off, Simple (larger icons only) and Full (larger icons with Tech dots).
- GUI: Template Rotation When placing a structure build template, you can press middle mouse button to rotate the template.
- GUI: SCU Manager Allows use of the SCU Manager. This is a complex feature which I never use and know nothing about :)
- GUI: Draggable Build Queue You can drag and drop items in a factory's build queue.
- GUI: Middle Click Avatars You can middle-click the avatar icons on the right side of the screen, to select all units in that category.
- GUI: All Race Templates When creating structure build templates, templates with common structures like Power Generators will be applied to all factions. This means you dont need to create the same template for every faction.
- GUI: Single Unit Selected Info When you have only a single unit selected, that unit's mouse-over information will be displayed.
- GUI: Single Unit Selected Rings When you have only a single unit selected, that unit's range rings will be turned on. (effectively, this options activates "Turn range rings on selected units" if and only if you have a single unit selected.)
- GUI: Zoom Pop Distance This option sets the distance the Zoom Pop hotkey will zoom to.
- GUI: Seperate Idle Builders When selecting engineers, factories and other builder units, idle units will be collected into a seperate icon in the selection window.
Additions by norem:
- GUI: Factory Build Queue Templates Allows creation of Factory Build Queue templates. When a factory is selected, selecting the Templates tab will change the "Infinite Build" button into a "Save Template" button. Alternatively you can use the "Create Build Template (factory)" hotkey. All functionality in the Factory Build Template tab is the same as Structure Build Templates. (you can rename, assign hotkey for build mode, etc.)
Additions by ghaleon:
- GUI: Display Reclaim Window default is disabled. Will display a small window close to the Economy Bar which details the total mass and energy you have reclaimed. Note: It looks horrible, but this will do for now. Note#2: when enabled will also display up to 8 digits of energy/mass production as opposed to standard of 6 digits, ie "999999" when your true energy production is "12574899".
- GUI: Display more Unit Stats enabled by default This is based upon Eni's Total Veterancy UI mod and also works in conjuction with it. The unitview window will display hp regeneration rate, shield hp, shield regeneration rate and build rate of selected units. Will now display hp regen rate changes due to upgrades and veterancy. Commander-type units now also get shield hp displayed. If a commander-type unit has gained a level up, hp regen rates in brackets denote total regen rate gained by veterancy, the other value displays regen rate gained by upgrades. Currently I lack the facility to determine which of the two displayed regen rates is in effect, it always is the one which came into effect later. (Regen rates gained by veterancy and those by upgrades do NOT stack, they overwrite each other depending on which came last) Note: It could also display storage, but unfortunately I haven't found a spot where it does not collide with e.g. the kills counter or nuke symbol or something else. If you don't mind, the code is commented out in Unitview.lua and its layout dependencies. DISABLE THIS FEATURE FOR AZUI COMPATIBILITY
- GUI: Visible Template Names enabled by default All template icons will have a small text below them, displaying the template name. DISABLE THIS FEATURE FOR AZUI COMPATIBILITY
- GUI: Template Name Cutoff By using the slider, you can choose how many characters are omitted from the start of the Visible Template Names. You can use this to put some hidden characters in the name to allow templates to be sorted in the order that you want. (Needs restart for effects to be visible.)
- GUI: Always Render Custom Names Default is enabled, when disabled will disable display of custom names. Unless kept at default this option will be applied at every gamestart.
- GUI: Force Render Enemy Lifebars Default is disabled, when enabled will force display enemy lifebars. Unless kept at default this option will be applied at every gamestart.
- GUI: Auto Rename Replays Default is enabled. Auto renames the current Replay once you exit to the Score screen. will work for localized versions of fa, too. Follows following naming scheme: "year"."month"."day"-"hour"."minute" "mapname" mapname will be shortened to 15 characters, examples: 090206-2243 Fields of Isis 090206-2257 Gentleman's Reef other naming schmes may be supported in future revisions.
- GUI: Improved Unit deselection Reduce the number of selected units by shift(-1) or ctrl(-5) or ctrl+shift(-10) right-click in group selection. Enabled by default
Additions by Thygrrr:
- GUI: Smart Economy Indicators
- when mass stores above 80% and rising, income indicator begins
flashing bright white, if expenses are higher than income and usage efficiency is above 80%, mass income indicator remains green, it's yellow till 50%, and red below that.
- when energy stores below 20%, energy indicator begins flashing bright white,
before that, if below 50% and sinking, it turns red from yellow, and is green above 100%.
- when zero expense, displays infinite instead of 100%
- percentile "efficiency" display goes to more than 100%. it was bad and
wrong it was ever capped, because it's an important metric.
- percentile values (not absolute values) are filtered, meaning they change
smoothly over time. This is expecially good when reclaiming stuff an wondering about your overall efficiency.
- edit: the old style economy warnings (glowing underlay) now coincide with
the new flashing effect.
(zeech: It's pretty confusing - I think the point is to keep your mass and energy at about 100% efficiency, no higher or lower. You can switch between percentage and absolute +/- by clicking on the number in your mass/energy panel. Check the GAZ_UI thread Page 5 for more details and screenshots.)
Overview - Hotkeys
- Bindable hotkeys By pressing F1, you can access the hotkey window. GAZ_UI allows you to bind your own hotkeys!
Some notes: Although its possible to bind a function to multiple keys, only one key will be displayed in the F1 window.
The Hotkeys are saved to your Game.prefs file, which you can find at: \Documents and Settings\[YOUR USER NAME]\Local Settings \Application Data\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
It's sometimes easier to directly edit that file to manage your hotkeys. BE SURE TO BACK THE FILE UP TO *ANOTHER LOCATION* BEFORE MODIFYING IT! This is for semi-advanced users only!
GAZ_UI also adds some additional hotkeys, which you may find useful: The format for each entry below is:
- The "internal name" which is used by Game.prefs "The name listed in the F1 Menu" An explanation of the key.
- toggle_repeat_build "Toggle factory repeat build" Toggles the "Infinite Build" button on factories.
- zoom_pop "One-key zoom-pop" The hotkey for the zoompop feature.
- toggle_all "Toggle all unit abilities" Toggles all toggleable functions on the selected units. This is a handy key since most units only have 1 toggleable function anyways. (eg. shield generators, mass fabricators, etc.) Alternatively there are individual hotkeys below:
- toggle_shield "Toggle unit shield" - toggle_weapon "Toggle unit weapon" - toggle_jamming "Toggle unit jamming" - toggle_intel "Toggle unit intel" - toggle_production "Toggle unit production" - toggle_stealth "Toggle unit stealth" - toggle_generic "Toggle unit generic" - toggle_special "Toggle unit special" - toggle_cloak "Toggle unit cloak" - toggle_cloakjammingstealth "Toggle all counter-intelligence abilities" - toggle_intelshield "Toggle intel and shield" - teleport "Teleport"
- military_overlay "Show all weapon ranges" Toggles a SupCom-style "military overlay", where weapon ranges of all units are displayed.
- intel_overlay "Show all intel ranges" Toggles a SupCom-style "intel overlay", where intel ranges of all units are displayed.
- select_all_idle_eng_onscreen "Select idle engineers on screen" Selects all idle engineers of all tech levels that are onscreen.
- scu_upgrade_marker "Place SCU auto-upgrade marker" - select_all_similar_units "Select all similarly upgraded units" These are for the SCU Manager. I think it selects all SCUs that are similarly upgraded. I dont use it.
- select_next_land_factory "Select next land factory" - select_next_air_factory "Select next air factory" - select_next_naval_factory "Select next naval factory" Pressing these keys multiple times will go through your factories one by one.
- toggle_selectedinfo "Toggle single unit selected info" Toggles the "single unit selected info" feature. May be useful to get rid of the window temporarily to clear up your view.
- toggle_selectedrings "Toggle single unit selected rings" Toggles the "single unit selected rings" feature.
- select_inview_idle_mex "Select onscreen idle mass extractors." Select all idle mass extractors in view.
- select_all_mex "Select all mass extractors." Selects all your mass extractors everywhere.
- select_nearest_idle_lt_mex "Select nearest onscreen lowest tech idle mass extractor." Select a mass extractor that is: In view, Nearest to the cursor, Lowest tech level of all mexes in view, Idle.
- acu_select_cg "Select ACU (control group)" - acu_append_cg "Append ACU to selection (control group)" Selects the ACU in different sort of way. I'm not sure what it does exactly, I'll find out in the next version of this document.
- select_nearest_idle_eng_not_acu "Select nearest idle engineer (not ACU)" Selects the nearest idle engineer. Different from the other key because it will not select the ACU ever.
- add_nearest_idle_engineers_seq "Select/Add nearest idle engineers" Pressing this key multiple times will add nearby idle engineers to your selection one by one.
- cycle_idle_factories "Cycle through idle factories" Pressing this key multiple times will select idle factories one by one.
- cycle_unit_types_in_sel "Cycle through unit types in selection (Land, Sea, Air)" Filter your current selection to a single class of unit (air, land, sea). It will remember your selection so you can press this key multiple times to cycle through the types.
- create_template_factory "Create build template (Factory)" If a factory with a build queue is selected, it will create a factory queue template from it.
Some other keys that are self-explanatory: - toggle_tab_display "Toggle options tab" - toggle_mdf_panel "Toggle MFD panel" - show_enemy_life "Show enemy life bars" - show_network_stats "Show network stats window" added by ghaleon: - select_all_air_exp "Select all Air Experimentals" - select_all_air_factories "Select all Air Factories" - select_all_antinavy_subs "Select all anti-Navy Submarines" - select_all_battleships "Select all Battleships" - select_all_land_directfire "Select all Land Direct-Fire units" - select_all_land_exp "Select all Land Experimentals" - select_all_land_factories "Select all Land Factories" - select_all_land_indirectfire "Select all Land Indirect-Fire units" - select_all_naval_factories "Select all Naval Factories" - select_all_stationdrones "Select all Drones" - select_all_t1_engineers "Select all T1 Engineers" - select_all_t2_podstations "Select all T2 Engineering Podstations" - select_all_tml "Select all TML" - select_anti_air_fighters "Select all Air Fighters" - select_gunships "Select all Gunships"
- Render_SelectionSet_Names "Toggles display of group names" - Render_Custom_Names "Toggles display of custom names" - Render_Unit_Bars "Toggle display of names and bars of any kind" - Render_Icons "Toggle display of Strategic Icons" - Always_Render_Strategic_Icons "Toggle strategic icon cutoff" - Kill_Selected_Units "Immediately kill selected units" - Kill_All "Immediately kill all of your units" - Show_Bandwidth_Usage "Show bandwith usage window"
ghaleon: AZUI will not work while template names and detailed unit view are enabled, nothing I can do about that, sorry.
Special thanks to Goom for the very excellent original GUI mod. Special thanks to norem for Factory Build Queues and also some of the hotkeys. Special thanks to ghaleon for his many additional modules listed above, and also for doing all the work integrating them into v6 :) Special thanks to Thygrrr for the smart economy indicators, and nicer Strat Build Icons.
How to install for use with FAF
- GAZ UI was together with Hotbuild integrated into FAF.
- You can enable extra GAZ UI options in game menu, go to Options - Interface.
- Added options are starting with line "Enable Cycle Preview for Hotbuild"