What is 'Global Ranking' ?
GPGNet was given an external tool from the community to rate people, this tool is named PlayerTrack. http://bitgoblin.com/fapt/ It gives arbitrary ratings, and thus may not give a fair rating to a player.
FAF uses a real rating system for each and every game. This system gives a real-time rating of all players who have participated in custom and/or ladder FAF games. A players' score depends on his in- game performance; good performance leads to increased rating, while poor performance causes a drop in rating.
Which games affect Global Ranking?
Only Custom Games affect global rating. 1v1 ladder matches affected 1v1 and global rating for a while, but now they are limited to 1v1 rating only.
- Your rating increases when you win a rated game, and lose rating when you lose a rated game. This is the only thing which changes your rating - in-game perforamance has no effect.
When is the game rated?
Generally, all standard games are rated, but a few exceptions exist:
- Sim Mods (RK's Explosions mod IS rated)
- Cheats enabled in the game settings
- Unit restrictions enabled in the game settings
- Sandbox set as victory condition
- Uneven numbers of players - e.g 3v2
Ranking in the lobby
You can access ladder (1v1) ranking from the Leaderboards tab, but only players who played a ladder game in the last two months are shown there. You can also see the approximate Global Ranking in the chat, when hovering over the icon of a user in the list.
Ranking in game
You can see the rating of any player next to his nickname in the FA lobby.