Host and join games
This tab in the lobby is how you start to play Forged Alliance with the client. As long as you have Supreme Commander Forged Alliance installed, no further setup is needed. Consult this for more info on setup. Remember, you need to start the game through this client for all the improvements to work.
- XvX - Showing for how many player per team is game hosted. (example 1v1, 4v4)
- XXX - XXXX (XXXX+) - Global Rating Limitations (example 800-1500, 1200+)
If you have any trouble joining or connecting to someone visit Here.
- 1. Custom Games
- 2. Ladder 1v1
- 3. Co-op
1. Custom Games
This is how most games are played - simply double click on a game which you like the look of and you will join it! However, bear in mind the game titles - some have rating requirements, and you may have trouble vs players who are much higher rated than you.
- FAF (Beta) - This is a default mod with the newest patch available.
- FAF - Default mod with older, stable patch.
2. Ladder 1v1
This is the built-in Auto-Matchmaker system for 1v1. More information see the 1v1 Ladder page.
3. Co-Op Campaign & Custom Missions
To learn more about the Co-Op Campaign and the all the Community made Custom Mission please go to the Coop Missions page.
Playing With AI
If you wish to play vs ai , simply host your own game, and add AI players instead of real ones. It's that simple! FAF comes with sorian AI, so you dont need to install it, and you can have any combination of human and AI players, as you wish.
You can host a game by double clicking the icons on the left of the window to open a game dialogue with a variety of options.
- The title bar sets the game title which can be seen in the games tab.
- The preview shows how it will look.
- The map drop-down is used to select a map. You can also change this in-game if you wish. Arrow keys can be used to scroll through it if it's focused (opened and closed again, or use tab).
- The mod list can be used to enable and disable sim mods. This can also be changed in-game if you wish.
- The options Friends and Hidden are currently unavailable.
- If the password checkbox is ticked, or private is used in the game title, the padlock icon will appear instead of the map preview.
- It will also be hidden from the Find Games list if that particular user has the Hide Private Games checkbox ticked.
Video tutorial created by Heaven on hosting and playing on FAF, called Default and Ranked Settings, where he explains how to host a lobby on default settings, and how to tell whether someone else hosted a game on default settings. He also discusses which non default settings still are keeping the game ranked.