This page is intended to help you learn how to play Forged Alliance. The game has many different aspects and game types so information on the game has been split into various sections for your convenience. For information on the client and not the game, please visit the Main Page
- 1 The FAF Guide
- 2 Tutorial Videos
- 3 Replay Analysis
- 4 Other Help
The FAF Guide
This wiki contains one complete guide to playing Forged Alliance, with the FAF client. The guide in this wiki is split into different sections, which are constantly being worked on and should provide a comprehensive coverage of the game and its various aspects.
Setting up Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance and the FAF client
If you need information on how to setup Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance and the FAF client, please read Setting Up FAF.
Introduction and Basic Game Mechanics
This is intended for players new to Supreme Commander, but if you are a returning player this could be useful as it provides a sound knowledge base and encourages good habits.
Microing units effectively can be a difficult task, but with the right knowledge it can give you a huge advantage.
In depth 1v1 Guide
This section covers everything you need to know about playing ladder matches and 1v1 games. This part is split into 5 guides: a general guide for 1v1, and 4 faction specific guides, designed to be read after the general guide.
In order to minimize overlap between the faction specific guides, the common information has been gathered into this general purpose guide.
These guides are here to show you specific strategies, and help you play to their strengths:
Teamgame and map specific information
Reference materials and detailed game mechanics
This section is for specific information on units, game mechanics and other facts and numbers which are useful to know when playing Forged Alliance.
- For an overview of the factions in Supreme Commander visit: Faction Information
- To learn more about the specific economy of Supreme Commander visit: Adjacency Bonus
- For specific Information regarding the Engy mod patch visit: Engy Mod
- To view unit stats, anc compare units with each other, visit: Unit Database
- To see unit stats and calculations visit: FA Stats And Calculations
Playlist of tutorials created by Colonel Sheppard - link here. As you can notice some of the videos are not mentioned below, that is because they are outdated also here you can find some new ones that aren't in that playlist. What you can find there:
It's always the same, you lost a game and you are asking yourself: Why? Why have I lost? You are looking at the replay again and again, but there is no answer ...
FAF offers these options:
- Replay Analysis Thread on forum, where you can post your replays. The Trainer team and all other players who will like to help, will try to have a look on your replay and give you a feedback about your game.
- Gameplay Video Review from speed2. You can submit your replays into this forum thread. Done videos will get posted in same forum thread and on his Youtube channel.
- Replay Reviews from Heaven. You can submit your replays via personal message. Done videos will get posted on his YouTube channel. Please follow the submission rules!
While this wiki aims to offer a complete and detailed overview of playing Supreme Commander, updated to the lates information and FAF patches, these other resources may be usefull in offering a different persective on the game, helping you gain a deeper understanding of it.
- Here is a download to some educational replays which cover various topics, ranging from game basics to information on specific units, and micro.
- This replay contains templates which you can copy out of there while watching it and selecting the buildings > add to template.
There are a number of guides not on this wiki, here are a few of them. They mainly provide introductive information, and some could be outdated, but they can be usefull nonetheless.
- The SupCom Wiki is a comprehensive resource about Supreme Commander, however it is out of date and does not contain accurate values. 
- A well layed out guide, this gives a nice introduction into unit and economy efficiency.
- This provides a good overview of some of the core concepts of playing Supreme Commander, but a couple of things are not entirely accurate.