Map & Mod Vault
In the map vault, you will find every map available for Forged Alliance. All maps downloaded via map vault are saved in this folder:
C:\Users\%UserName%\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Maps
1. Search tab
You can search for map names here, you dont have to enter the full name. You can also use filters.
2. Uploading Maps
For Information Uploading Maps please check out the Rule's Here
3. Map Sections
Here the Map Vault is split into different sections to help you out looking for maps.
- M&M Team Top Picks - It is a list of Curated Maps that the Content Creator have put time and effort into their work.
- Most Liked - This goes by the reviews left on the map download page. Depending on what the reviews are will decide where it places in the list.
- Most Recent - Theses are new maps that have been recently added to the map vault by people.
- Most Played - This Quite self-explanatory, it the maps that have had the most game played on.
- Ladder Maps - This is the list of maps that are in the Current 1v1 Ladder Pool.
4. Map Summary
Here you can see Some basic Information about the map
- Name of the Map
- Preview Image of the map
- Map Creator
- How many people it supports
- Map Size
- How many Downloads
- Map Review Ranking
5. Downloading Maps
To Download left click on the map.
Here you will get a new Window open.
In the top right-hand corner of this window you have the option to Install the Map. Once you click that you can then click on the Create Game Button and it will set you up a game with that map selected
The Mod vault is a feature in the FAF lobby which allows you to easily find and manage mods for Forged Alliance. Mods are saved in this folder:
C:\Users\%UserName%\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods
If your username have uncorrect symbols, mods will be saved instead in:
C:\ProgramData\FAForever\user\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods
It can be accessed through the "Vaults" tab in the lobby and contains a large ammount of mods.
To find a mod, simply type in it's name into the search bar, and if it doesn't appear, press the "Server Search" button which will look through the whole mod list.
Upload your own mods here, check out the Subforum for mods for more information on how to create mods.
Managing UI Mods
Click on Manage UI Mods Button to open selection of UI mods you want to enable in game.
- This will prevent UI mods from disabling after every game.
There are two types of mods; Sim mods and UI mods.
UI mods are mods which are activated on a per-person basis and have no effect on other players in the game. As the name implies, they are usually changes and enhancements to the UI and can make playing the game easier. UI mods should never make a game unrated.
Sim mods are mods which affect the game itself and are activated on a per-game basis. They range from simple mods which adjust one or two values to overhauls of the game, such as The Nomads and Black Ops. Most Sim mods make a game unrated. See When is the game rated?