Map Editing Tools
Setting up Map Editor
You need Supreme Commander for making maps, Map Editor is not working just with Forged Alliance.
- Download Map Editing Tools.rar. This file contains everything you need for making maps.
- Open the downloaded .rar file using WinRar or 7-Zip.
- Copy files from the bin folder in the .rar file to your Supreme Commander (NOT Forged Alliance!) bin folder, usually:
C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander\bin
- Copy files from the gamedata folder in the .rar file to your Supreme Commander gamedata folder, usually:
C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander\gamedata
- These files are just for the editor, they don't affect your game installation:
- cutbrushes.scd - new custom elevation brushes
- editor.scd - default brushes
- Z_lua.scd - expanded Markers to make editor able open Forged Alliance custom maps
- Z_units.scd - support Factories and T3 Mobile AA
- The Other Tools folder in the .rar file can be placed anywhere.
- Make sure you have patched Supreme Commander to the latest version (1.1.3280) (1.1.0 for Steam version). The patch is available in the .rar file: supcom_patch_1.0.3189_to_1.1.3280.exe.
- To able to use units and textures from Forged Alliance, copy the following files from your Forged Alliance gamedata folder to your Supreme Commander gamedata folder. Make a backup copy before overwriting any files as explained below.
C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata
BEFORE YOU DO THIS!!!
Make a backup copy of these files from your Supreme Commander gamedata folder. Rewriting these files will make Map Editor fully functional but it will damage the Supreme Commander game.
An image manipulation program, to edit/mirror your height maps and texture layers, e.g. Adobe Photoshop or Corel Paint Shop Pro. Photoshop is recommended since it's the easiest to edit height maps in it.