In the map vault, you will find every map available for Forged Alliance. All maps downloaded via map vault are saved in this folder:
C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Maps
1. Search tab
You can search for map names here, you dont have to enter the full name. You can also use filters.
2. Map Summary
Gives you a map preview and some gerneral stats, click it for more information
- The maps downloaded here are saved directly to your map folder, which is accesible even if you are not running FAF.
- You can also redownload maps here if you think they are messed up on your computer for whatever reason
4. Map upload
Upload your own maps here, check out the Map Editor for more information on how to create maps.
If you find a broken map, please report it to us. You can do so by clicking on the map in the vault, then selecting the "Broken map reports" tab and following the link.
To Upload New Map Version
'X' is your version number
- Step 1: Change the folder from FOLDERNAME to FOLDERNAME.v000X
- Step 2: Go to MAPNAME_scenario.lua
- Step 3: Change the following...
map = '/maps/FOLDERNAME/MAPNAME.scmap', save = '/maps/FOLDERNAME/MAPNAME_save.lua', script = '/maps/FOLDERNAME/MAPNAME_script.lua',
map = '/maps/FOLDERNAME.v000X/MAPNAME.scmap', map_version = X, save = '/maps/FOLDERNAME.v000X/MAPNAME_save.lua', script = '/maps/FOLDERNAME.v000X/MAPNAME_script.lua',
If you were using custom textures, you have to show editor path to textures in newly renamed folder as well, otherwise you will end up with black screen.