The Ladder System
The ladder is a system that matches players of a similar skill level to play against each other. When a new player starts playing the ladder , the system will start a series of matches to rate his initial skill level, these matches will be against players of random/different skill levels.
The expanded ladder system with Leagues and Divisions is currently undergoing an overhaul and will be implemented again soon™
The map pool is currently managed by Tokyto and you can view the details on the forum link.
The information provided here may not be entirely accurate. If you are not sure check the forum for any recent changes and feel free to update this article.
While rating shall give you an idea of how good you are relative to other people and make it easier for you to balance games, it is to not the place to fight for "ranks" or "points" or some kind of "top highscore". The League/Division system is.
Your Ladder Rank and Rating
Ladder Rank can be found in Leaderboards.
Ladder Rating will be displayed, if you hover your mouse near your league/division box next to your nickname on the nicknames list of the Chat lobby TAB Chat lobby TAB.
Ladder Rating over the past year can be found on the 1v1 Leaderboards in the main FAF websibe link.
How does it work?
- You start at 0 point, in the scout league.
- You can’t go lower than 0 point.
- You gain 0.5 points for beating a player of inferior league 1 point for same league / 1.5 point for higher league.
- You lose 0.5 points for losing to a equal league player.
- You lose 1 point for losing to an inferior league player.
- Ladder is divided on 5 leagues. Each league has 5 divisions
- The rank icons will only be given to ladder players, to mark their division.
- Playing the matchmaker automatically put you in a division.
- Once you gather enough points you will go to upper league.
- Once you’ve reach a new league, your score is reset.
- You can’t go back to a previous league.
Leagues and Divisions
- During the season, awards will be given in form of avatars as followed :
- Top 3 of each League.
- Top 3 of each Division.
A system put in place to help you find roughly equally skilled players. Simply click on the faction icon you wish to play as (or random faction button) and the matchmaker will find you an opponent.
The map pool contains maps in several distinct groups:
- Core maps - these maps will stay for a long time and are only swapped out when absolutely necessary
- Maps on rotation - these will be swapped out for new maps every few weeks to keep the map pool exciting and fresh.
- Promotional maps - these are new high quality maps which are included in the pool to help mapmakers promote their maps.
The current map pool can be found Ladder Map Pool.
- The map rotation is currently being managed by Tokyto.
- If you would like to see a map added to the map pool you can make a post with your suggestion here.
- TA4Life was the 1st players councilor to manage it. You can find the old rotations here