While rating shell give you an idea of how good you are relative to other people and make it easier for you to balance games, it is to not the place to fight for "ranks" or "points" or some kind of "top highscore". The League/Division system is.
Your Ladder Rank and Rating
can be found in Leaderboards.
How does it work?
- You start at 0 point, in the scout league.
- You can’t go lower than 0 point.
- You gain 0.5 points for beating a player of inferior league 1 point for same league / 1.5 point for higher league.
- You lose 0.5 points for losing to a equal league player.
- You lose 1 point for losing to an inferior league player.
- Ladder is divided on 5 leagues. Each league has 5 divisions
- The rank icons will only be given to ladder players, to mark their division.
- Playing the matchmaker automatically put you in a division.
- Once you gather enough points you will go to upper league.
- Once you’ve reach a new league, your score is reset.
- You can’t go back to a previous league.
- During the season, awards will be given in form of avatars as followed :
- Top 3 of each League.
- Top 3 of each Division.
- Ladder matches goes through the matchmaker. It will normally put you against someone with 1v1 rating relatively close to yours, likely in your league or a league close to you (if you are top of bottom of your league) on a map from Ladder Map Pool.
- Each player selects 15 or more maps using the "Select maps" button in the "Find games" tab.
- Select maps by clicking on them.
- Selection will be confirmed by closing Map Selection window.
- When two players are matched in ladder the system either chooses:
- Maps from one of the player's selected map pool.
- The most popularly selected ladder maps.
- Each of these cases have 1/3 probability.
- When a player has less than 15 maps selected, their pool is filled with popular ladder maps.