While rating shell give you an idea of how good you are relative to other people and make it easier for you to balance games, it is to not the place to fight for "ranks" or "points" or some kind of "top highscore". The League/Division system is.
Your Ladder Rank and Rating
can be found in Leaderboards.
How does it work?
- You start at 0 point, in the scout league.
- You can’t go lower than 0 point.
- You gain 0.5 points for beating a player of inferior league 1 point for same league / 1.5 point for higher league.
- You lose 0.5 points for losing to a equal league player.
- You lose 1 point for losing to an inferior league player.
- Ladder is divided on 5 leagues. Each league has 5 divisions
- The rank icons will only be given to ladder players, to mark their division.
- Playing the matchmaker automatically put you in a division.
- Once you gather enough points you will go to upper league.
- Once you’ve reach a new league, your score is reset.
- You can’t go back to a previous league.
- During the season, awards will be given in form of avatars as followed :
- Top 3 of each League.
- Top 3 of each Division.
A system put in place to help you find equally skilled players. Simply start a ladder game and the matchmaker will find you an opponent, and start a game for you on one of the maps from the Ladder Map Pool.
The map pool contains maps in several distinct groups:
- Core maps - these maps will stay for a long time and are only swapped out when absolutely necessary
- Maps on rotation - these will be swapped out for new maps every few weeks to keep the map pool exciting and fresh.
- Promotional maps - these are new high quality maps which are included in the pool to help mapmakers promote their maps.
- The map rotation is currently being managed by TA4Life.
- If you would like to see a map added to the map pool you can make a post with your suggestion here.
- Since ladder is currently being worked on, the information provided here may not be entirely accurate. If you are not sure check the forum for any recent changes and feel free to update this article.